A Few Favorite Processional and Recessional Songs
Each wedding comes with a million choices and one that always resonates with me is the song couples choice to have their “moments.” There are so many choices, and each year there is “the song.” For 2018, it was Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect.” It is soooo perfect, but in a world of exploding possibilities here are some that I have dug up and really enjoy. Hope you like them.
1) Stand By Me, Tracy Chapman She originally performed this cover on David Letterman. It isn’t her most popular song, or the most played cover — but it’s sweetness is all that should be said as you take these steps.
2) All About Your Heart, Mindy Gledhill It is upbeat, and sweet, and full of promise.
3) I Found You, Alabama Shakes This is not the traditional march — this is for the bride and groom that want to dance down the aisle.
4) Longing to Belong, Eddie Vedder A love letter, written and sang by Eddie Vedder. As a Pacific Northwesterner, does it get any better?
5) The Luckiest, Ben Folds
6) Beautiful War, Kings of Leon I can not take credit for this one — this was a bride and groom I worked with, and Kings of Leon held a special place in her heart. It is too perfect!!
7) Yours, Ella Henderson Again a super sweet ballad sung by a lady bursting with love.
8) Bright Echosmith A happy tempo to walk down the aisle- may be a meadow ??
9) Only to be With You Judah & The Lion
10) Life is Better with You, Kina Grannis + Imaginary Future and for a bonus there is also a slightly more popular. . . I Will Spend My Whole Life Loving You. . .
You can be happy, and not only have “Happy” as your recessional music choice. . . sorry Pharell.
1) Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Queen
2) Years & Years, Olly Murs
3) Baby, Let’s Play House, Elvis Presley
4) Hold My Hand, Jess Glyne
5) You’re My Best Friend, Queen
6) On Top of The World, Imagine Dragons
7) Gimme Some Lovin’, The Spencer Davis Group
8) You’ve Got the Love, Florence + The Machine
9) Love, Love, Love, Of Monsters + Men